Thursday, February 20, 2014

November 21, 1987, Boston Opera House, Boston, MA

01. Kiss Me On The Bus
02. Nightclub Jitters
03. Valentine
04. Happy (Rolling Stones)
05. Little Mascara
06. Johnny’s Gonna Die
07. Darlin’ One
08. Black Diamond
09. The Ledge
10. Waitress In The Sky
11. I’m In Trouble
12. I Will Dare
13. Unsatisfied
14. I Don’t Know
15. Color Me Impressed
16. Can’t Hardly Wait
17. Love Lost (James Burton/Slim Dunlap)
18. Another Girl, Another Planet (Only Ones)
19. Takin A Ride
20. Take Me Down To The Hospital
21. Hold My Life
22. Favorite Thing
23. I.O.U.
24. Never Mind
25. Left Of The Dial
26. Alex Chilton
27. Bastards Of Young
28. Downtown (Petula Clark)

Always on the ball,
She’s always on time...

Tickets: $15.50

Notes: ‘Love Lost’ is an instrumental that occurs on Slim Dunlaps 1993 album “The Old New Me.” Great version of ‘Happy” and some nice audience participation at the beginning of ‘Black Diamond.’ Petula Clark’s ‘Downtown’ is done amazingly well and with reverance. An incomplete version circulates starting with ‘Happy.’

Recording: Audience

Bootlegs: Live In Boston ‘87

5 comments:

  1. I was at this show. Any chance for a re-up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis was my first concert and i would absolutely love to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure this was the replacements show I saw.

    I remember them dancing around in overalls (especially tommy and bob) and someone throwing something up on the stage (pill of some sort) Bob ingesting them and then joking that he had just taken acid?

    They blew the start of Black Diamond as well?

    I remember being very glad I had seen them but wished I had done so when they played the living room in providence RI several years with both Stinsons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say Paul ingested the pill or "unidentified substance" and when he mentioned acid I wasn't sure if he was referring to LSD or drain cleaner?

      I was up in the Balcony, glad to be inside anywhere in the theater that had nets up to catch the falling plaster from the ceiling as this was a faded beauty.

      Nothing $20 couldn't fix as Tom Waits would say!

      Delete
  4. Final clarification, Bob Stinson had already left the band, this was the era of Slim Dunlap as this show was to support Pleased to Meet Me. Loved that album and the band overall but felt like things had certainly gotten tamer seeing they playing in an run down Opera House without Bob and nobody on stage got naked!

    ReplyDelete