Wednesday, October 16, 2013

April 8, 1986, Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH

01. Bastards of Young
02. Hold My Life
03. Favorite Thing
04. Unsatisfied
05. Sixteen Blue
06. Color Me Impressed
07. Run It
08. Dose Of Thunder
09. I.O.U.
10. Left Of The Dial
11. Answering Machine
12. Gary’s Got A Boner
13. Lovelines
14. I Hate Music
15. Shutup
16. Black Diamond
17. Rock and Roll All Night (Kiss)
18. Buck Hill - Another Girl, Another Planet (Only Ones)
19. Kiss Me On The Bus
20. Country Roads (John Denver)
21. Johnnys Gonna Die
22. Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out
23. 20th Century Boy (T. Rex)
24. Take Me Down To The Hospital
25. Kids Don’t Follow
26. Hitchin’ A Ride (Vanity Fair)
27. I Will Dare
28. Can’t Hardly Wait
29. Kansas City Star (Roger Miller)
30. Summer Of ‘69 (Bryan Adams)
31. I’m In Trouble

Well Tommy’s too young,
Bobby’s too drunk...


Support: Royal Crescent Mob

Tickets: $7/$8

Notes: Happy Chichester of Royal Crescent Mob: “... we opened for them at The Newport in spring ‘85 (sic), just as we were putting out Land Of Sugar. I remember meeting Bob Stinson then, and him asking me “what kind of outfit do you guys got?” He pronounced “outfit” with a strong Minnesota accent: oat-fit. He was asking about what kind of band we were, but I was confused, thinking he was asking about how we dressed. I also remember that they seemed messed up at soundcheck but sounded amazing for the show. “

Recording: Audience

No comments:

Post a Comment