Tuesday, October 1, 2013

August 8, 1987, Eagles Club, Milwaukee, WI

01. Bastards Of Young
02. Can’t Hardly Wait
03. Cross TIe Walker (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
04. Another Girl, Another Planet (Only Ones)
05. Takin’ A Ride
06. Within’ Your Reach
07. The Ledge
08. Nightclub Jitters
09. Go
10. Swinging Party
11. Alex Chilton
12. Little Mascara
13. Honky Tonk Woman (Rolling Stones)

Wind blows cold from the west,
I smell coffee, I smell doughnuts for the press...


Notes: Mr. B of opening band Royal Crescent Mob: “I have a recollection from the show we did with them in Milwaukee, which I think was in a union hall (there was a bowling alley in the basement). I remember that when the Replacements came on stage their drummer, Chris, was in full clown get up, make up and wig, too. Quite weird. They started playing really great but by the middle of the show it seemed like the wind completely went out of their sails. Maybe Paul was sick of his drummer looking like a clown. I thought it was strange to see a band be so on one minute and then nothing for the rest of the show. I don’t recall another show were things took a nose dive so quickly and never recovered but I’ve heard the Kinks were like that. In general, though, they were pretty great live.”

Recording: Audience

No comments:

Post a Comment