Monday, September 9, 2013

November 14, 1985, 40 Watt Club, Athens, GA

01. Take Me Down to the Hospital > Kids Don’t Follow > I’m In Trouble > We’re Coming Out
02. Rattlesnake > Stuck In The Middle > I Hate Music > Yummy Yummy Yummy (Ohio Express)
03. Fuck School
04. - dialogue
05. Favorite Thing
06. Dose Of Thunder
07. Lay It Down Clown
08. Answering Machine
09. Left Of The Dial
10. Little Mascara
11. Let The Teardrops Fall (Patsy Cline)
12. unknown song snippet
13. Sixteen Blue
14. Unsatisfied
15. I Will Dare
16. Color Me Impressed

First thing we do when we finally pull up,
Get shitface drunk try to sober up...


Notes: Show starts pretty rough and rowdy. Sounds like the crowd is really going crazy. Paul tells the crowd to “take a step forward. No, back!” Rare, complete performance of Patsy Clines’ ‘Let The Teardrops Fall.’

“This was back when the 40 Watt was on Broad Street. They were drunk but pretty much on and playing well. I was sitting on the bar sharing a pitcher with my friend Tom. The Mats finished their last encore and the last note from the last song had not even finished on Tommy’s bass when I looked behind me, and he was poring himself a beer from my pitcher. Nice show dude.” - H. Miller

Recording: Audience

1 comment: