Wednesday, September 18, 2013

April 12, 1986, Headliners, Madison, WI

01. Bastards of Young
02. Hold My Life
03. Raised in the City
04. Black Diamond
05. Favorite Thing
06. Love You Till Friday
07. Nowhere Man (The Beatles)
08. Rock And Roll All Nite (Kiss)
09. Left of the Dial
10. Buck Hill
11. Another Girl, Another Planet (Only Ones)
12. Unsatisfied
13. (Unknown)
14. I Will Dare
15. Color Me Impressed
16. Batman Theme (Neal Hefti)
17. Waitress in the Sky
18. Fuck School
19. If Only You Were Lonely
20. Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out
21. The Last Time (Rolling Stones)
22. Answering Machine
23. Kiss Me on the Bus
24. Can’t Hardly Wait
25. Gary’s Got A Boner
26. Yeah Yeah (Revillos)
27. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds > Come Together (The Beatles)
28. September Gurls (Big Star) (cut)

Your tongue, your transfer,
Your hand, your answer...


(Songs not recorded)
Return to Sender (Elvis Presley)
Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) (Edison Lighthouse)
Eighteen (Alice Cooper)
I’ll Be There (Jackson 5)
Help Me Rhonda (Beach Boys)

Notes: Incomplete recording in circulation. Ends after ‘September Gurls.’

Recording: Audience

Tickets: $6.50/$7.50

6 comments:

  1. I was a freshman at UW-Madison at the time, and saw this show. Headliner's in Madison was on University Avenue just a block or so away from my dorm building. Sellery B. The show devolved into cover version start/stops at one point. Bottle of Jack Daniel's on stage, sitting on drum stand. Think it was Tommy's and it was plenty drained halfway through the show. Oh well, it was The Replacements and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at this show too. Anyone remember who the opening acts were?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Other Kids were the opening act.

      Delete
  3. The Other Kids were the opening act. My girlfriend met them at a party in Michigan a week or two before, and they mentioned that they were opening for the 'Mats. One of my best friends from college was from Minneapolis and turned me on to the Replacements. We drove down from the U.P. of Michigan, along with my drummer (college band, the Spam Daggers). Fucking GREAT show! CAN ANYONE GET ME A CLEAN COPY OF THIS RECORDING WITHOUT ME GETTING A FREAKING VIRUS ON MY MACHINE??!!! I'D PAY MONEY FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at this show too. Pretty sure the ticket stub above is mine. It was either this show or the one the following year where one of the guitarists from the opening band had a speaker catch on fire in his cabinet, which he dowsed with a pitcher of beer he had sitting on it. This was the last show I saw with Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at this show too. Pretty sure the ticket stub above is mine. It was either this show or the one the following year where one of the guitarists from the opening band had a speaker catch on fire in his cabinet, which he dowsed with a pitcher of beer he had sitting on it. This was the last show I saw with Bob.

    ReplyDelete